Friday, September 7, 2012

Labor Day Lanes

Like alot of people on Labor Day, I'm usually working on something.  At least this Labor Day I was laboring on something I have a real passion for, setting up an FT course in a section of woods next to my house.  Spent the better part of Sunday weed whipping, brush hogging ect., getting the lanes cut in and clean'ed up.  Monday morning, set some targets in place and local airgunner and friend Rick Broughton shot our first match.

As Good as it Gets
Kicking back for some casual FT Shooting
 Most of the targets were various home-made swinger styles I threw together.  These are just as fun to shoot and elimates all the lines and mantaince that goes along with traditional FT knock downs.  Targets were randomly placed from ten to fifty yards.  Kill zones varied from 1/4" to 1-1/4".  Anticipating the final FT Event at WWCCA on September 9, 2012 is was nice to put our Steyr's through a real world practice session.

This one made you think a little bit,
 but at 18yards it really was not that difficult.
1/4" at 17 yards
No Problem for the Super Steyr 
This is the one that got away.
  I use one number from 20-30 yards
and missed low this one on my first shot.
Now I do have an actual 22 yard number.
Thanks practice range.

 Keep in mind, no off hands or kneelers.  I ended up with a 39/40 and Rick was just a few shots behind.  Hopefully we will get a nice long stretch of beautiful fall weather to spend more time on the FT Course.

The following morning
some locals checked out the FT Range
Heard something about interest
in the Hunter Class? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment